Hope you are all safe and well. We are all well, fully staffed, and remain open our usual hours to address all of your health care needs. Telemedicine visits also continue to be an option. We wanted to update you on our office procedures and availability of testing for COVID-19.
1. To help with social distancing, we are limiting our waiting room to no more than two patients at a time and encourage leaving other family members in the car or at home unless you physically require their assistance in the office.
2. We continue to check everyone’s temperature that enters the office and ask that you call before coming to the office if you have any fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other symptoms that may be concerning for COVID-19 to be properly advised.
3. We do encourage you to come wearing a mask if you have one.
4. Quest is now offering IgG antibody testing to check for previous exposure/infection from COVID-19. We are offering to add this test to any upcoming blood work for which you may be scheduled including annual physical labs. If you are not scheduled for labs soon and want to know your status, please call the office to either schedule with our phlebotomist an appointment between 1:30pm-4pm, or make an appointment online at any Quest draw station (they have good safety measures in place) and we can call an order in for you. Remember this test is not for active infection and will not test positive until around 10 days after exposure.
5. Testing for active infection is still quite limited, but currently available to those who have suspicious symptoms. We have special procedures for this outside of our office, in your car.
We hope you all continue to take care of yourselves and take the precautions recommended to protect yourselves and our local population. We are optimistic about the future.
Drs. Schwartz and Tung
Please visit our patient portal for:
Access to personal health records
SCHWARTZ and TUNG, MDs